Whic side of the stage...

Well, I fondly remember 1996 in Vancouver, deep on JAE's side, with binoculars, focusing on his fingers....the bass finally came into its own. Ever since, (up until 2002) I've spend binocular time watching JAE's fingers move.

Steve

At 07:53 PM 2/16/04 -0500, you wrote:
>From: "Schrade, Scott"
>Subject: Pino Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers
>
>> Many dolts wouldn't look left when *John* was there.
>
>Ah HA!  I'm glad to see you've finally accepted my view that, as you say,
>"many" Who concert attendees (the average punters) could've cared less
>about "the left side of the stage," focusing instead on Pete & Roger. (Ya
>like how I read all that into your statement?)

Indeed I do.  BoyHOWDY!  That was a whole lot of readin' into....
But no, no, no.  Many surely doesn't equal "average".
And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't seem to remember "focusing" as
being part of the previous discussion...from like 4 years ago.  Have you
been brooding your defeat all this time????!!!
Holy ancient archives Bat Man!

>Jo & Ollie are starting a fan club. Prats For Pino. ;-/

Matching T-shirts???

>Hey, the man's gotta breathe!

Fishie!

>> (Rabbit flourishes?)
>
>That's all I could come up with.

Doh. I can't do better.

>Humorously harsh. Remember?

Of course.

>We like to have a little bit of fun.

Yes, we're gettin on, don't you know.
Need to have good crack now and then.

> I think that's what has a lot of people miffed.  There's
>no human spirit (!) coming from "Who bass" anymore.  It's all regimented
>& structured.  Bare-boned & cold.  Plunk plunk plunk.

That's it.
No Spirit coming from Who bass anymore.
Perfect.
Hit the nail on the head.
Bullseye.
Got to the point.
The meat of the matter.

Now, remember that when I start rebutting yo ass about my mentioning Flea.
:-)

>But if that's so, then why the switch from Simon Phillips to Zak Starkey?
>Was that move initiated by Pete?  Roger?  Or did Zak approach *them* &
>plead his case?

Dude. I look to you for answers, not more friggin' questions!

>Perhaps Pino's got the gig because a queue of bass players never formed.

Stu in MD got in queue.
I think it would be fair to say that............ 'every *day* he got in
queue'.

>None of the established, more suitable bass players took the initiative
>& contacted Pete or Roger asking to be involved.  Who the hell knows.

'TO MUCH, FOR MAGIC BUS!'

>I'm still not convinced Pino will be the bassist on any N. American tour.
>Come August, Pino might be gettin' high with Art Garfunkel in Amsterdam.

Like a bridge over troubled waters?
Mmmmm, Amsterdam.
The Black and White.
The "*menue*" at The Black and White.
Mmmmm, Burger King right down the road.
Aaaaahhhhhh!  Bright lights in Burger King!  Bright lights in Burger King!
Bad!  Bad!  Bad!
RUN AWAY!
Doh! ;-o

> Why does this have to be an emotional thing?  Why is it, "stand behind
> him" and don't analyze, or else be a Who-traitor?

>Fan Group One: Always happy.

La, la-la, la-la.

>Fan Group Two: Sometimes happy, sometimes perturbed.

Bloody Quadrophenic!

>Fan Group Three: Always perturbed

Know The Who too well.

Kevin in VT