Re: Is it recycled, for a moment?

> But hard to imagine; songs about kids generally don't rock,

That's what I'm worried about.  That this is gonna be another kiddie
story along the lines of IRON MAN.  But according to the synopsis,
the kids grow up.  They only meet as kids.  So why "The Boy Who Heard
Music" & not "The Man Who Heard Music?"  I don't know......  We need
to know more of the plot.

> unless you count Jeremy.

Just *had* to work in a Pearl Jam reference, didn't you?

> So we get a Richard Marx-sounding album, a touchy-feely positive vibra-
> tions (are you completely uncomfortable yet, Kevin?) kind of music is
> indicated. Along the lines of Now And Then from Psychoderelict.

Ugh.  My worst nightmare.  I hope Pete's learned by now that softer isn't
necessarily better.  Rather, a mostly rocking album that has 2 or 3 slower
songs would juxtapose those moods more convincingly than a mostly soft
album with 2 or 3 rocking tracks.  Give us a Zak-attack!!  Jump, Pete,
jump!!  And no Pino.  NO-PI-NO!  NO-PI-NO!  NO-PI-NO!  Smash your guitar,
Pete!  Smash your guitar!

> Yeah, but the big question is: how many Kiss concerts have you been to

You're just not gonna let it die, are you?

> I guess "boy" just sounds worse to most people, for no reason I can
> think of.

There are some negative connotations.  "He's no man, he's merely a boy."
"Fetch me that whip, boy!"  "Boy, does that new Who album suck."

> Tommy meets Jimmy at the Lifehouse? Uh oh...is it recycled, for a moment?

That's what I was thinking.  Enough with the spiritual searching already!
We get it.  Life's complex.  Man searches for a higher meaning.  Relation-
ships are fucked up.  Does he have to smash the mirror over & over again?

Where are the "My Generations" & "Won't Get Fooled Agains" of the 21st
century?  Where is the unclouded stark realism?  Where's the guts?  Where
are my sunglasses?

- SCHRADE in Akron

The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists -
that is why they invented hell.
	- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)