Re: More Who in the movies.....

Kevin wrote:

>Movies: How can it not be a good thing. It means there are producers and
>directors, who are by trade "experts" in the entertainment industry, who have
>such an affinity for the music by The Who, as to use it in their product, also
>believing that it will have mass appeal and will bolster their product.
>Quite telling.

I agree here.   The more the better for quality pictures.   The Happy Jack
commercial is a perfect example of an entire complex story in a 60 second
bit.  Pete's music has always been able to paint wonderfully complex pictures
for me that help tell stories.

>Selling Products:  Same theory as above, thus a good thing, but then you get
>into the "sell out" factor.  Using ones music to sell a product.
>So, a bit of a negative there.

It's got to be a good fit.   I was listening to the live A Friend Is A Friend
from Iron Man (boot from 1989 tour) and was thinking this would be a great
song to unite people for a good cause (Red Cross, UNICEF, MS, ...)

Here are some bad fits in my opinion:

for Ritalin:  "There's a man I found could bring us all joy,
                There's a doctore I found could cure the boy"

for birth control / abstinence: "Pictures of Lily"

for contact lenses / RK eye surgury: "I Can See For Miles"

Now you join in.

Joe in Philly