Re: Aerosmith concert...Kiss thinks they are The Who

> I guess that explains the "Bargain" feel on Detroit Rock City.

Power chords in the same key, most likely.

> it was so funny to be into Pete's lyrics and then go to something like
> "Love Gun" and "Lick it Up".

I think I said once before that KISS is like a good candy bar whereas The
Who is a delicious full-course meal.  Including drinks.

> Does anyone know how Eric Carr got his drums to sound like that?

He might've had extra-deep bass drums but it was probably just accomplished
by fiddling around in the studio, adding echo & beef, etc.  Peter Criss's
bass drum is pretty prominent on "Do You Love Me?"

> The sign of a good band is that their live stuff is better than their
> studio stuff, which is certainly the case with this band.

I think I prefer KISS's studio stuff to their live stuff.  Their studio
albums have great production.  Nice, loud, clear drums.  Neat,
simple-yet-effective guitar layerings.  Strong bass.  And Ace plays some
fantastic guitar solos.  He riffs on ideas like Pete.  Very unique &
expressive.

KISS owes a lot to the Beatles, too.  From the start, they marketed their
individual personalities & band personas.  "Who's your favorite member of
KISS?" was not an unpopular question amongst fans.

They were a comic book rock band.  Exaggerated & other-worldly.  Sure we
knew it was all a silly joke, but it was all held together by some good
music.  They were *our* silly joke.  And best of all, like all good rock
bands, they made our elders nervous or just plain disgusted.  KISS gave
plenty of kids who were my age back in the mid-to-late '70s an identity.

- SCHRADE in Akron

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worship-
ped anything but himself.
   - Sir Richard Francis Burton (1821 - 1890)