Re: Aerosmith concert...Kiss thinks they are The Who

In a message dated 9/4/2003 9:43:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Ace Frehley has on occasion cited Pete Townshend as his favorite & most in-
fluential guitar player.  KISS covered "Won't Get Fooled Again" in the '80s.
They play WGFA over the PA before they take the stage.  And Paul does do re-
verse windmills & engages in autodestruction.
I guess that explains the "Bargain" feel on Detroit Rock City.

Hey, I like KISS enough to buy the album and they do have catchy tunes but it
was so funny to be into Pete's lyrics and then go to something like "Love
Gun" and "Lick it Up".

That one song I botched is "I Love it Loud." Does anyone know how Eric Carr
got his drums to sound like that?

One thing about KISS is that they do work hard for their pay and they do go
out to entertain.  The sign of a good band is that their live stuff is better
than their studio stuff, which is certainly the case with this band.  Heck, I
appreciate them just for writing the song "Duece" because as a rule, I usually
sing that to the wife when I get home from work.

Jon in Mi.

I stayed pimped out for 30 years- I ain't never let the game down.  I always
believed in it.  Now that I say I don't want to pimp no more, everybody wants
to be a pimp!

Bishop Don Magic Juan, Snoop Dogg's spiritual advisor.