Simon & Garfunkel (some Pino)

The Simon & Garfunkel show in Cleveland last night was excellent.  Pino
was there on bass.  He sat on a stool in the back for most of the show.

As usual, I could barely make out his bass notes in the overall sound.
Just a low, bassy vibration at times.  Oh well, at least Paul Simon's
acoustic guitar was nice & loud in the mix.  That & the duo's voices
are the most important things, IMO.

And yes, the legendary Everly Brothers played a mini-set in the middle
of the show!  The fucking Everly Brothers!  How great is that?  In one
fell swoop I saw two of the most famous duos in rock history!  Brilliant!

S&G's voices have aged.  They sing in lower registers now to avoid break-
ing on the high notes.  But, regardless, they still sounded fabulous.
Paul Simon is a great acoustic guitar player.  They seemed to be having
a good time.

When Pino was introduced, I couldn't help but give a loud "Who!" yell.
And of course I wore a Who shirt to the show.  ;-)

Anyway, if you have the chance to see these guys - do it.  It's well worth
it to see these two legendary men.  Plus the f-ing Everly Brothers!  Too
much....

- SCHRADE in Akron

An extraordinary claim requires equally extraordinary evidence.
    - Carl Sagan