Who's left vs Pete solo

> Jon:
>
> No, I was just making the point that no matter how excited people are about seeing Who's Left at this point, they're settling and there's no use in pretending otherwise. As for Pete, I'd rather see him solo. Like Joe, I'd like to see him
> tackle a more complete Psychoderelict. Or a new album!

You are obviously free to feel the way you do, but I have to say that Pete's Who material, IMHO, is WAY better than his solo stuff, judged as rock music.  Much of Pete's solo material isn't really rock, but more progressive/alternative (for lack of a better description).  His demos of Who songs lack that rockin nature that makes The Who so awe inspiring.  Pete's solo stuff is nice and creative and shows his genius, but for fans of kick-ass, in-your-face rock like me, it just doesn't fit the bill.  It doesn't "get me off."

Pete working with Roger again will hopefully bring out Pete's hard rock nature, as it does on stage.  Petet will write a nice, pleasant demo, then he'll get together w/Rog in the studio and kick ass all over it and turn it into The Who.  Of course music will lack the tangible and intangible qualities that John and Keith would have given it, but it can kick ass nonetheless, and it CAN be the Who.  The Who has a spirit unto itself that transcends any one member.  The flame still burns in Pete and Roger on stage, and I'm betting that it will translate in the studio.

I have only one bit of advice for Who's Left: "Breakout and start a fire, YA'LL!  It's all here on the vinyl!"

Mc