Re: In-The-Running Jones

Personally, I like the idea of John Paul Jones playing with The Who.  I have
nothing against Pino or Tony Butler or Chucho Merchan or anyone, but I think
it would be appropriate to get another legendary big-name guy in the band,
rather than another anonymous, salaried session-guy sideman.

Also, Jones would work because:

- He is a great bass player... (My favorite second only to OX)
- He would contribute a lot musically/compositionally (He wrote a lot of cool
music with Zep and on his own)
- He, like JAE, is a multi-instrumentalist (He has a lot of experience with
Keyboard parts, string arrangements, etc.)
- His laid back demeanor/ subdued stage presence would fit right in.
- He would generate a LOT of good publicity for any new Who project.

> > Yawn.  I've never been impressed with JPJ.

You obviously have never seen him live.  I never got to see LZ, but I saw
Jones on his first solo tour and with Diamanda Galas, and he is jaw-droppingly
good...  Also, perhaps you should listen to some of his solo material or listen
to some Zep albums a bit more closely.  I can't understand how even the most
ardent Zep-hater could deny his great musicianship.

--Michael