Re: In-The-Running Jones

In a message dated 11/10/2003 8:47:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Three of my favorite 5 groups would be represented on stage.

Three?  OK.  Who, Zep, &.......?  Not Beatles.  Zak can't be considered a
representative of the Beatles.  Or have I got it wrong?
Oh, you didn't hear the rumor about Dave Davies?

>Psssphlllltfffffttt!  (Coffee spit all over desk)  JPJ is your favorite?
Above OX?!  Above The OX?!  Jon, how *dare* you.....

Ah, well, The Ox is in a class by himself though.  He was actually more than
a bass player.  He was a lead guitar player playing the bass!  I have been hot
and cold on this throughout my life as a Who fan.  I can remember when IH
came out how narrow I was.  "Where's that bass sound like on WN!  Why can't Pete
make that guitar roar like on WGFA? And what is this "disco" sounding song
called Eminence front."  It is a completely different album to me now.

>  I've *never* heard disparaging comments made about JPJ.
A very well-respected musician.  Seems a decent bloke, as well.

And he's from their era.  Not a hired gun. It would be a slap in JP and RP's
face.  Hmm. I wonder if Bill Curbishley is just sending out this rumor to get
them to get off the fence and get LZ back together?  "He's gonna join The Who!"

The publicity would be great.

I've never heard Mike Watts or the dude from Big Country. (But my sisters did
go and see Iggy a few months back). I guess I better go to the record store.

Jon in Mi.