Re: Ped Discussion

> >>As I recall, Pete said he may have been abused by a MALE FRIEND
> >>of his grandmother.
>
> That's the first I've heard of that. What's the source?

I felt like I had read that, too, but couldn't place it.  I did find one
specific reference in the IGTC archives, although it doesn't seem like a
direct quote from Pete.

http://www.igtc.com/archives/thewho/2003/Jan/msg01008.html

"...the book will include a claim of sexual abuse
between the ages of five and six-and-a-half years old
while he lived with his maternal grandmother (the
alleged abuse came from a male friend of his
grandmother's)."

Also, the way Pete phrased the most often quoted statement is very passive:

"I believe I was sexually abused between the age of five and six and a half
when in the
care of my maternal grandmother."

Is that intentional because it wasn't his grandmother who abused him, it was
just while he was living with her?  That's what I inferred, but that could
be wrong.

Does it matter?  I don't think it does matter to this discussion.

Jim M