Re: Ped Discussion

Kevin wrote:

>The only statement on the matter that I find is Pete's statement to the press where he says "I believe I was sexually abused between the age of five and six and a half when in the care of my maternal grandmother who was mentally ill at the time.

>If that doesn't imply it was his grandmother, I don't know what does.

Kevin:

I don't believe it implies this clearly.

>Show us this "MALE FRIEND" statement, please.

I wish I could.

I remember this from somewhere, but I cannot put my finger on it. Perhaps it was speculation on this list, or
a news link. It makes perfect sense though. His grandmother was allegedly clinically insane, and probably
her only fault was that she was not a good protector
of our young Pete. So many scenarios come to mind:

Example: A gentlemen caller named Chester pays a visit.

Pete's Gran: "I'll be off making tea Chester.
         Make yourself at home."

Pete was careful not to implicate his grandmother
and frankly may not be sure, so he says that he believed
it happened *while in the care of* - not *by the hands
of* his maternal grandmother.

It may have been a friend of
the family too, and may bring unnecessary shame to the
perpetrator's family.    This gives me the chills!

More speculation here.   All we have is the fact that
Pete is a clever man, and if ever a man chose his
words carefully, the worlds best rock song-writer
would.

Citizen Kane wrote:

>Unfortunately it appears that, in addition to the bad reputation that Townshend takes out of this, his grandmother will forever be tagged as a child molestor.

Kane:

I think all Pete's grandmother is being accused of is senility.    She happened
to be Pete's *allegedly, not-so-capable* guardian at the time.