I got some 'splainin' to do.

Hello listers,

It is slow on the list today, so I am going to take this opportunity to
extend an olive branch.

I have gotten' some guff from a few here lately, mostly for my below the belt
comment to Lew.  In a way, I guess I deserve it.

I am sorry Lew.

I know if we all met, we'd probably get along good.  I am not a bitch, like
it sometimes seems like I am.  I am basically a people pleaser kind of
personality.  I take pride in that.  I am also a very loyal person.  Once I bond with
someone, I take that seriously, not obsessively, but I like to like people
that I meet.

I am also a person who has many contradictory and different sides to them.  I
can hang with the bad boys, I can tea with the proper ladies, I can cry
easily and I can be a rock when called upon.  I can hold my own in some very
intellectual subjects, but be obviously and completely clueless in others. Also on
the down side, I sometimes come across as flaky, impulsive and immature.

I sometimes wish I could go back and start over on the list.  But, the fact
of the matter is, you all probably have seen all the true sides of me at one
time or another, the good, the bad and the ugly.  I have never intentionally
tried to be something I am not.  It is kind of like, take me the way I am for
better or worse.  I am not totally surprised that others would prefer to do
without me here.  But, I want to try and make peace with the ones (Rich, Kev,
Scott, Lew and others) that have expressed their displeasure of me and the things I
say.

Contrary to what I posted last week about Lew being mean to me because I
wouldn't go out with him, until that point, I tried to keep my conversations with
him and other listers that are done privately, confidential.  I'd like to
re-pledge my confidentiality to all. Even though I was mad at Lew, I should have
kept that private.  Plus, I only showed my side of the story anyway.  I was
bad.

I am a lover, not a fighter.......but I don't try and cover up my feelings.
My feelings are that I like hangin' with my IGTC Who list friends, and I don't
want to be boycotted because of things I have said.  I want to try and make
things right now, so I apologize.

I don't hold it against anyone who is not of the same opinion I am about
Pete, the Who, politics, religion or anything else that is not evil.  I like to
debate those subjects.  But, just because I don't have the same beliefs, doesn't
make me "BAD."  Just because you don't have the same opinions, doesn't make
you "BAD."  The problem comes when we take a good natured ribbing and turn it
into a personal attack.  I am guilty of this as well as several others on the
list.  If I like Bush and someone hates him, do I deserve to be blasted?  On
the other hand, I shouldn't make blanket statements about, Democrats for
example, like everything about every Democrat is evil.  I try and respect others
beliefs and we should all try and do more of that.  I don't mean that in a
condescending way and I am just using party affiliation as an example of just one
idea that we debate here.  In person, I would treat each and every one the same
here based on how you treat me.  Period.  In my own defense though, I felt Lew
and a few others, have taken a few cheap shots at me that were unprovoked and
I didn't deserve.  But, I fuck up and have fucked up and for that I apologize.

Sincerely,
Johanna <who is making herself very vulnerable, but trusts that I can handle
whatever is tossed back at me>