Re: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

>Perhaps Chris from Cleveland has been there.  Chris?

Yes, I have been there numerous times, but not since 2000. I would definitely
recommend seeing it, although you will probably be disappointed to some
extent. There is some cool memorabilia, including a Roger buckskin which is
so small I cannot believe that he could ever fit into it! In fact, if I
remember correctly, there was a Pete SG and maybe one of Keith's bass drums
in that area as well. I don't know if they're still on display. There are
Jimi Hendrix original "Purple Haze" lyrics, Jim Morrison's report card, and
other stuff like that. There is a good documentary on the history of rock and
roll, and a listening area where you can listen to a songs and then to other
songs that influenced it and then, to others that were influenced by it; kind
of like a "Circle of Life" for rock tunes. At other times there was a big
Lennon exhibit donated by Yoko that even included his blood-stained glasses,
and a phone that would periodically ring for passers-by to answer, and Yoko
would be on the other end. Another stand-out exhibit I remember is the Pink
Floyd "The Wall" stage set donated by Roger Waters. Every so often, there are
some good intimate concerts there as well. I saw the first night  of the
James Gang reunion there a few years ago in a very small auditorium and it
was really special.

I mentioned that you would be disappointed to some extent because the place
is always strapped for cash, so some of the exhibits are a little cheap
looking (although the building itself is definitely not) and the atmosphere
is a little too antiseptic for rock and roll. All in all, however I would
recommend it. Unfortunately, it has the least informative web site I have
ever seen, so the address I am giving you will probably not convey too much
more insight: <A HREF="http://www.rockhall.com";>http://www.rockhall.com</A>

Since I am writing this on Monday, Happy Birthday Pete! I am confident that
very soon he will start writing and interviewing, and I believe that his
statements will satisfy every Who fan that is currently P.O.'d at him. By the
way, as a sidenote that neatly ties back to my main subject, Pete was at the
groundbreaking for the Rock Hall way back when, but you guys all probably
know that anyway.

-Chris in Cleveland