Fishin' w/Brody/Got Off/Censorsh--

Lew:

>Oh Great, Jim, that makes everything perfectly clear!
>
>AEB~

Glad to be of service!  And now, a little poem:

"Here lies the body of Mary Lee
Died at the age of a-hundred three
For fifteen years she kept her virginity
Not a bad record for this vicinity"

(This was a guy who fished with Chief Brody)

Kevin:

>So, you're saying that Pete's intent was to 'get off' on what he
purchased????
>;-)

How 'bout it?  He sure got off didn't he?  Now if he could only get back
ON...

>While I don't believe that (and I know you don't either), this is all a
matter of degrees.
>By Pete paying for access, he *knew* that his money would go to this
evil empire.

I guess that's where I think differently.  I don't think he was thinking
about it when he gained access.  How could he of been, you know?  It's
like, had he actually had the presence of mind to STOP and THINK at that
very moment, would he have continued?  I don't know.  But I suspect he
was in that "zone" that people can fall into when surfing the net and/or
researching a project.  Have you ever logged onto the net at say, 6pm
and then you blink and look at the clock, and it says 11pm?  I don't
know if that makes any sense.  Perhaps I'm just in denial and don't want
to think that Pete considered where he was going and still went on.
Yuk, I don't like thinking about that.  Bartender...!

 >Subject: Re: Who list Censorship
>
>> How do you know then that Paul sent personalized warnings?
>
>Because he posted so to the list on more than one occasion.

I've never experienced any censorship on this list (to Paul's credit)
even though he most definitely has had reason to.  Only once can I
remember getting an official "reprimand" for drifting off Who-topics
from the Great and Powerful Oz, but I wasn't censored in the true sense
of the word.  Paul did threaten me with bodily harm though; he said he
could trace my address though an email profile, and he would send three
enforcers to break my knuckles, but other than that, he's been a swell
Great and Powerful Oz.

Besides, why would he want to censor us?  I mean, can you imagine him
simply cutting you off in an instant without --