I Don't Like Nightmares

What a weird, mixed bag of emotions accompanying the news of Pete's
deal.  Not quite a plea bargain, but damn close.  No charges, but yet
he's still guilty in the eyes of so many.  Ugly.  Five years on the
Creep List.  Damn.  That list can kill a person's future; guilty or
innocent.  I have a cousin who was charged with molestation a few years
ago by his horribly jaded ex-wife.  She later recanted and confessed
that she made the whole thing up during his trial.  Yes, trial.  He was
aquitted and all charges dropped, however, his name is still on the
Creep List and he gets threats to this day.  Once you're on that list,
forget it.  You're done.

I also read about a male teacher a few years ago who was falsely accused
of molestation by two 5th graders after the teacher disciplined them.
The teacher was fired, publicly humiliated, etc, but the kids cracked
under questioning a week or two later.  It turned out that the teacher
made the two monsters stay in detention while the rest of the class went
on a field trip, therefore they decided to frame up the teacher.  So,
all charges were dropped.  However, that teacher still made the Creep
List as well, and can't get a job teaching anywhere.  Food for
thought...

Anyway, I've been out of town for a week and missed out on a lot of
what's going on.  There's a lot of stuff being posted and I'm still
trying to catch up.  In reference to Kevin's post/reply:

>>I guess we'll have to wait for cues from Pete now about what he wants
>>to do.
>
>Yeah, right.
>I'm personally waiting for an apology from Pete to his fans.
>
>Kevin in VT

Kevin, dear boy, what'd I miss?  Aside from the obvious debacle, what
did Pete do now?  Apologize for what?  Sorry, but I missed what led up
to your comment.  Please advise!  Tanx...

Jim in Colorado