Re: WGFA and George Bush

We have no way of knowing, despite Pete being an asshole and calling someone he doesn't know a "cunt," whether Bush's people paid the necessary fees or not. They actually didn't have to, anyway, because it was a private, invitation only event associated with the campaign.
This was broadcast on TV, so it wasn't especially private. I suspect Pete's reaction may have had to do with the fact the song was used in a political context, moreso than a comment about permission or royalties. It's as if Bush implied that he had Pete's support. Although Pete has been quoted making political statements about matters in the UK, I doubt if he wants to mix into US politics.

After so many people's rush to judgement about him in this child porn debacle, maybe Pete will think twice before profanely bashing a person he has never even met just because he hold a different political perspective and happened to play a Who song. I have deep poli!
tical opposition to many figures in the public eye, but I don't cast aspersions as to their personal worth or character on that basis. Pete calling Bush a cunt was stupid, ignorant, and beneath someone of his intelligence and creativity. Maybe that cop, who Pete attacked at a concert just for interrupting due to a fire, would be justified in calling PETE a cunt.
Mc
It may not be a matter of a different political perspective. It's just that Pete may not want his music to be used in any political context at all. Plus, I think the Bush team edited the song to change the message.

keets