WGFA and George Bush

> >On the issue of GWB, we don't know that the fees weren't paid.> > Mc:> > Yes we do, because Pete called Bush a "cunt." What a > perceptive guy, that Pete...
This is faulty logic, at best.  By your own explanation, the fees are paid to organizations representing songwriters as a whole, and a portion of fees paid go to the holders of the copyrights.  Obviously, every establishment or event which has a DJ doesn't have to get specific permission from Pete Townshend himself to play the Who.  I gather from your explanation that tacit approval is given through the organizations which collect the fees.  We have no way of knowing, despite Pete being an asshole and calling someone he doesn't know a "cunt," whether Bush's people paid the necessary fees or not.  They actually didn't have to, anyway, because it was a private, invitation only event associated with the campaign.  After so many people's rush to judgement about him in this child porn debacle, maybe Pete will think twice before profanely bashing a person he has never even met just because he hold a different political perspective and happened to play a Who song.  I have deep political opposition to many figures in the public eye, but I don't cast aspersions as to their personal worth or character on that basis.  Pete calling Bush a cunt was stupid, ignorant, and beneath someone of his intelligence and creativity.  Maybe that cop, who Pete attacked at a concert just for interrupting due to a fire, would be justified in calling PETE a cunt.
Mc