Re: : I Can See for Miles

From: "Kevin O'Neal" <kevinandt@gmavt.net>
>From: Joe Lewinski
Thanks guys. After doing a little research, I confirmed that there must be very few live versions of this song anywhere. Thewho.net say that "The Who with Keith Moon only performed this live during the last months of 1967. It was not revived until after his death." I assume that's 1989, because I've never heard it in the 1982 stuff. I don't know if they played it at all in 2000 and only once on the 2002 tour. Are there any performances I'm missing?

How could such an important song be so neglected for so long? I know it was not received well when it was first released, but it was a rock radio staple when I was a teen. And it seems like it would be such a great song live. That searing guitar, pounding bass, relentless drums. It might be the only song on "Join Together" that really rocks. Could you imagine what that would have sounded like at Leeds? Oh yeaaaah!

OK, I'm this close to buying that Mansfield show just to have that song. Somebody just tell me that the bass popping isn't there and I'll do it. I swear, I will, don't mess with me! I mean, what are there, two live versions of the song? Maybe some bootlegs from '67? How can I not get it?

Jim M