Hitler vs Saddam (long, but worth the read for political enthusiasts)

Mark Leaman writes:
> Nothing personal, but I'm sick of people comparing Saddam to Hitler. He's not even close. He's one of many world leaders who are killing other groups of people (that would include our own). He's not invading all the countries around him in an attempt to take over (in fact, he has ONLY attacked Kuwait, and that to regain territory taken from Iraq earlier, and the > US...that would be Daddy Bush...gave him the go-ahead).
Not that any of this belongs on this list, but I simply can't let Mark's blather go unanswered.  True, Saddam is no Hitler in that Saddam is not an ideologue with a demented obsession with racial superiority and world domination.  He also has not even a small fraction of Hitler's capability of making war.  However, he is someone who MUST be dealt with before the weapons he is hiding get into the hands of those who will not hesitate to use them against Americans.  He is certainly not the only world leader killing his own countrymen, but we have a clear mandate to removing his regime since he has violated every major portion of both the cease-fire agreement and the post-war treaty he agreed to in 1991.  If the world allows him to slither his way out of this through piece-meal compliance with some of the provisions, it will undoubtedly damage our diplomacy efforts in the future and make maintaining peace nearly impossible with other rogue dictators who decide to thumb their noses at the world.  Bill Clinton and the U.N. had the chance to handle Saddam when he expelled inspectors in 1998.  Had Clinton massed the might of the U.S. military in the Persian Gulf region then, and insisted Saddam allow inspections to continue, we wouldn't be facing this problem.  Kennedy would have done it.  Reagan would have done it.  Clinton took a pass and decided to leave it as part of his "legacy."
And exactly who is our government murdering right now?  Has Bush targeted specific group in the U.S. for extermination?  Has he murdered political opponents?  Where is your evidence?  For Christ's sake, at least lay out some facts and logic to back up such an outlandinsh claim.  Mark uses unfounded rumors about GHW Bush giving Saddam the go ahead to invade Kuwait to somehow discredit GW Bush in the current situation.  It is flatly a lie and there is not a shread of evidence to back this up.  Mark likes to state things he wants to be true as fact in order to mislead.  It is a propaganda 101 tactic that wouldn't work on any educated person or anyone with a minimum of common sense.
Truth be told, the nations in the area will be cheering louder than anyone when Saddam is gone.  They can't cheer now because of obvious political reasons.  After all, Saddam is technically an Arab and a Muslim and these are Arab Muslim countries.  The people of Iraq will finally be rid of a brutal, intolerant despot whose full range of atrocities is not yet known.  Be not surprised when we find out after he is ousted, that he is far more similar to Hitler than we think today.  Where will the Mark Leaman's of the world be then?  I'm sure it will be chalked up to another Bush family conspiracy to fool the world and steal oil.  All part of the Saddam myth.  I will yawn at this as I do with most of the liberal drivel being spewed today, and sleep a little easier knowing that we are safer than we were before.
Mc