Re: pete jokes: my views

I don't know your dad and brother or your family situation, but I would suspect this argument is over something besides Pete's innocence or guilt. It sounds like your dad and brother have found something great to beat you over the head with, and they're busily doing it. This is why they're not interested in looking at the facts or listening to the music.

To counter their arguments, you should listen to their intent instead of what they're saying. Your counter should be to ask something like "Why are you trying to tear down my heroes?" or "Why are you trying to use this against me?" BTW, I promise you these types of questions won't make them happy.

;)
keets

He admitted he doesn't care about Pete and says he's
just some over the hill has-been, despite the
massively successful summer tour.  He said there's
always a market for anything, even aging rock stars.
Then he mentioned there are some strange and
suspicious things in songs he's written.  He uses
themes of lonely abused children because that's what
happened to him!  It's extremely arrogant for someone
who isn't even a fan and who doesn't even care to read
a different side of the story to proclaim Pete as
guilty just because the media said so initially.  What
is this, some massive conspiracy and cover-up where
every single thing Pete has done, even ADB and raising
millions for charities, is all done to cover up being
a paedophile?  This man has been my favourite member
of the band since 6 February 1994 (just had my 9th
anniversary three weeks ago), and I think I'd know by
now if he were that sick and calculating and
diabolical!