Re: pete jokes: my views

<<
From: SicilianMother@aol.com
Subject: Re: pete jokes: my views

> >From: JOELTLE515
>   >Subject: pete jokes: my views
> >y'all should just get a grip!
> <snip>
> >gots to have
> >a sense of humor about things. that's all.   life's
too serious
these
> days.
> >and we all know he's innocent so GET OVER IT! ; )

Ya, I know I get all warm and fuzzy telling jokes
about Pete being a
Pedophile..........Pedophiles are funny right?
Calling an innocent man
one
is funny right?  I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!

You can tell your funny pedophile jokes all you want,
I'll
pass........and
feel good 'cause I did.  Calling any innocent person
something as
disgusting
as a pedophile and joking about it is not my idea of a
funny joke.  I'd
say
it is sad and pathetic.  I don't care who it is, but
especially not
someone
as relevant to me as Pete Townsend.>>

On Wednesday I was having a long loud argument with my
father about Pete's innocence.  He and my 16 year old
brother (who isn't even a fan, let alone has never
even listened to any of his music!) are convinced Pete
is guilty because of the initial distortion and
slander, and don't care to read articles pointing out
the truth.  My father was actually laughing about ADB
(which he hasn't read and doesn't want to), saying
Pete just wrote that to cover his tracks, and that
everything he's said, and his track record of raising
millions for the Teenage Cancer Trust and Maryville
Academy, among others, are just ways of covering up
his tracks.  Then he responded to my pointing out that
Pete's hardly had any privacy since 1965 and any
pattern of weirdness would surely have surfaced my now
by saying that Pete's just done a really good job of
hiding it.  Huh?  Michael Jackson was weird way before
he was accused of paedophilia, and Pete has no
suspicious past or anything to hide!  My father was
also laughing about how he has to have bodyguards to
protect himself, his gf, his son, and his mother,
saying it's so they can be protected from himself.

He admitted he doesn't care about Pete and says he's
just some over the hill has-been, despite the
massively successful summer tour.  He said there's
always a market for anything, even aging rock stars.
Then he mentioned there are some strange and
suspicious things in songs he's written.  He uses
themes of lonely abused children because that's what
happened to him!  It's extremely arrogant for someone
who isn't even a fan and who doesn't even care to read
a different side of the story to proclaim Pete as
guilty just because the media said so initially.  What
is this, some massive conspiracy and cover-up where
every single thing Pete has done, even ADB and raising
millions for charities, is all done to cover up being
a paedophile?  This man has been my favourite member
of the band since 6 February 1994 (just had my 9th
anniversary three weeks ago), and I think I'd know by
now if he were that sick and calculating and
diabolical!

=====
Anna U. Mormack
RIP John Alec Entwistle, 9 October 1944-27 June 2002
"Under heaven all can see beauty as beauty only because there is ugliness.  All can know good as good only because there is evil.  Therefore having and not having arise together."--Lao-Tzu
Visit my home on the web at http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl if you don't mind brutal honesty.  (I update often, esp. the rants section!)
http://taxes.yahoo.com/