Re: scary stuff, sad stuff

Yes...it's quite sad, isn't it? He sat around dwelling on it for what, 9 months, plotting and scheming until he built up the courage to confront us again. Ready to "do battle" and "expose us to the list" and so on, and so forth. There's a part of me that wonders if it's not just a need to interact with us but an inability to know exactly how to do it. So it manifests itself in an attack, because any interaction is better than none.

But on the other hand, he may have waited for 9 months, hoping the scene might cool off a little so we could have a sensible interaction. I agree that Jeff had some pointed implications in his last post, but you've escalated the issue here considerably.

What was that song we were singing a while back? Da da da...Harmony and understanding, sympathy and peace abounding...

If you want to fight something, I've got these great issues waiting in the wings called child porn and Pete Townshend witch hunts.

I think this is all a product of a undeniably warped mind that's somehow tortured by the presence of Scott, Kevin and I on this list. Note he didn't mention anyone else with the same views. The target is clearly in his sites.

Jeff doesn't have a warped mind. Uh. Well, okay, maybe just a little. ;)

It's true that he's mentioned you three because that's where the conflict came from that caused him to leave the list last year, but I doubt that he's been tortured by your presence here. Jeff has had a good time on a couple of other lists in the meantime. It's just that igtc is an excellent list for discussion because of the people who are on it and their willingness to deal with issues, and it's possible Jeff wants to join the discussion. You three are part of its charm, and when he was here, Jeff was also. If you guys could work out your annoyances, the list will be stronger with Jeff on it than without him.

When he returned I thought about what you initially said, that the list had been different since he left...better, it was...but I decided I'd ignore him as long as he didn't fuck with me. The same as I would for anyone else. But there it was, in his second post. Thing is, it was so completely pathetic and transparent I couldn't even get angry, and that's with a fresh dose of medicine coursing through my veins this morning, making me feel pretty terrible. That is to say, not my most tolerant state of mind!

Sorry to hear the medication is terrible. However, the results should be worth the trouble. Hang in there. >:|

Jeff has an agenda, make no mistake about it. Just be aware of that. He plots and schemes, I know having been privy to some of them not so long ago. There was a point where he wanted to "cleanse the list" (and get rid of some who currently think he's their friend, which I find quite amusing) and when that didn't work, he tried to "destroy the list." He said this list was a toilet bowl and all of us were dogs drinking from it, and he was the turd in the bowl. (his words). This is how he thinks. His post tells me that hasn't changed since he left.

There's no need to bring all that up again. Let's just forget it, okay?

As for my part, I hope this is the last I'll have to say about it. If Jeff was smart, he'd give up on this schoolboy crap and just enjoy participating on the list. Just let it go right now, because he's never going to get any resolution that he'd be happy with. Never.

Also please keep in mind no one attacked him...even now...he's done all the attacking here. That puts him squarely in troll land from the beginning. Anything that happens from here on in will be his fault. Period.

It wasn't quite an attack, only a little sharp. Let's all just give it up and participate in the list. Many times hurt feelings will just go away if we pretend they're not there.

What did you think of the Noncewatch guys? A little more scary than Kevin and Scott?

keets