Re: Why Water??

In a message dated 6/27/2003 9:46:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Kevin.ONeal@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Why *is* it that Pete uses water themes in his lyrical writings?

My first thought about the water symbolism is this:

Water is an extremely common metaphor or subject used in poetry.  Why
wouldn't it be a common theme?  Not to take anything away from Pete..........but I
think it would be more interesting to examine a theme like........clothes
references....or something more obscure.

Jo