Re: Karma and sin

In a message dated 6/25/2003 4:22:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Then how do I know *your* talk about God actually *contains* any God?
> You could just be another false prophet.

  That's an excellent question though because it isn't automatic. That's why
we have a bible.  To stop wild speaking. I have to open up and get in tune to
the straight and narrow.

>OK, Jon, I'm gonna explain this one to you real carefully.

Thanks, us hillbillies need for y'all to slow up a bit for us. :-)

>You can take
it for the fact that it is or you can continue to believe the lies you've
been told by the religious zealots you purport not to be in league with

Religious zealots? You don't even know where I received this information. It
is from Dr. Boris P. Dotsenko, who was the head of the nuclear physics dept.
in the Institute of Physics in Kiev.  He came up with this conclusion on his
own when he was an unbeliever. Someone else saw the same fact?

>What they failed to take into account was that our not-very-disorderly
Earth was situated near a star (our Sun) which constantly feeds it energy
to keep it in its ordered, beautiful, complex state.

As ordered and maintained by the God who created it and set it to be so.
When I clean my bedroom, I expend the energy.  The energy doesn't expend itself.
I decide to do it.  -The energy has a source and the original source is God.
God created the energy of the sun to do the job it does and it does so
beautifully as designed by Him.

> >There is order and design in everything we see. Just thoughtfully
> >consider your own hand. It is astounding how well it is designed.

>No better than a chimpanzee's hand. Plus, *they* can use their feet to
grab with. (And you never answered my question as to why God gave humans
toes, Jon. Again, when's the last time you used your foot to hang onto
something....say, a tree branch?)

Cut off your toes and see how well you can walk. I'm glad that I have them.
Are you saying that my ancestors were monkeys? Monkeys do not worship
anything.  They aren't made in God's image, nor are they God's kind. Only man is.  The
bible says that everything that God created multiplies after it's own kind.

The evolutionists are talking things that belong to many thousands of years
ago or many thousands of years in the future, things which we will never see or
be able to hold up for questioning.  The bible is a book of the present.  At
present all creatures multiply after their own kind.  The bible does not make
irresponsible statements.

I believe the bible.  The bible is God's word.  I don't need science to prove
whether or not God's word is true.  If science agrees, then it proves science
was used accurately.  Moses knew that the earth came from underwater many
years before scientists made this discovery.  Jesus said that some would be
working and someone would be asleep when He returns.  He knew the earth was round
already-because He made it.  If you understood the first two verses of the
bible, you would understand that all the attacks on the bible by geology are
beating the air.

I'm strongly in favor of scientific research.  I do not oppose it, but rather
welcome it.  But theories are proved and are sometimes disproved. They are
formed by men and men do make mistakes.  There is no doubt about this.

How difficult it is for an intellectual person to humble himself!  Man can
search for knowledge all he wants, but God will not supplement this with His
revelation.

>> There *is* sin and debauchery. Who could possibly refute that? What
> >are you implying about Pete? Why are you demanding an apology from him?
>> What is that?

>What the fuck are you talking about? Are you implying I'm *sinning* by
questioning Pete's actions?

No. I mean, what sin did Pete do that requires an apology to you? What about
the real pedophiles that are out there? That is surely sin.  The world is
filled with sin.  If you say there is no sin and debauchery and religious people
are just making it all up as a reactionary conclusion because they are scared
of no afterlife etc..., and it doesn't matter, then why are you so offended?
What are *you* scared of?

>>(and we don't have any idea what
 the enormity of that is)

>Yet, you seem to.

Eh?

>You gloss right over that with statements like, "He made a mistake. He ad-
mitted it." Poor, poor Pete. How dare we question his actions

And how dare I question your reactions, right?

>I'll give him time, too. But no slack.

You sound like the religious one here.

Jon in Mi.