Re: Karma and sin

> I don't subscribe to religion.  That is "talk" about God without God
> Himself.

Then how do I know *your* talk about God actually *contains* any God?
You could just be another false prophet.

> In physics there is the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, which says that any
> physical system left to itself will decay and become disorderly. Yet,
> the processes that operate in the universe remain highly organized.

OK, Jon, I'm gonna explain this one to you real carefully.  You can take
it for the fact that it is or you can continue to believe the lies you've
been told by the religious zealots you purport not to be in league with.

Your thermodynamics "argument" is a falsity that's been used by creation-
ists & proof-of-God types for years.

True, any physical system left to itself will decay & become disorderly
over time.  And since the Earth is anything but disorderly, many religious
people took that to be evidence that God was controlling the universe.

What they failed to take into account was that our not-very-disorderly
Earth was situated near a star (our Sun) which constantly feeds it energy
to keep it in its ordered, beautiful, complex state.

In other words, Jon, entropy & disorder *will* increase over time *on the
scale of the entire universe.*  The Second Law of Thermodynamics is safe
& sound.

Analogy:  You clean your bedroom.  Over time it becomes messy & disorgan-
ized.  So you clean it & organize again, BUT *you have to expend energy
in order to do so.*  Our Sun is that energy that keeps our planetary
system organized *for the time being.*  However, entropy & disorder will
eventually win out.

God, I hope this helps you get rid of some of the terrible lies you seem
so eager to believe in.  If I believed in God, I'd pray for you.

> There is order and design in everything we see.  Just thoughtfully
> consider your own hand.  It is astounding how well it is designed.

No better than a chimpanzee's hand.  Plus, *they* can use their feet to
grab with.  (And you never answered my question as to why God gave humans
toes, Jon.  Again, when's the last time you used your foot to hang onto
something....say, a tree branch?)

> There *is* sin and debauchery.  Who could possibly refute that?  What
> are you implying about Pete?  Why are you demanding an apology from him?
> What is that?

What the fuck are you talking about?  Are you implying I'm *sinning* by
questioning Pete's actions?

> Has anyone heard what Roger himself is saying?  They *are* making the
> album and they *are* touring in 04.

They've been "making" that album since 1999 & not *one* track has been re-
corded yet.  As far as a tour in 2004 goes, I'll believe it when I see it.
I need more proof than Roger's wishful thinking.

> But as pissed as you are at having to watch it, try to imagine having
> so many do to you what was done to him (and we don't have any idea what
> the enormity of that is)

Yet, you seem to.  You've already come to the conclusion that *he* was the
victim & has gone through hell.  But you fail to acknowledge the important
fact the *he* was the one who brought everything - EVERYTHING! - on himself.
You gloss right over that with statements like, "He made a mistake.  He ad-
mitted it."  Poor, poor Pete.  How dare we question his actions.

> I'm going to give him time and much needed slack.

I'll give him time, too.  But no slack.

- SCHRADE in Akron