Re: Daltrey rides again Montreal Gazette

> I believe he is referring to the decisions of the band in general.
> They are the driving force to say when and where they start and stop.

You're probably right.  Pete & Roger kind of steered the ship, as it
were.  Moon & OX were down in the engine room!  ;-)

Apart from Entwistle's smallish contribution of songs, is it safe to
say that Moon & OX only contributed *musically* to the band?  What
about Moon's persona?  Moon the Loon.  Isn't that a major facet of what
The Who was about?  The thing is - those four characters are so strong
& unique..... I find it hard to say so-and-so was the main mover, or so-
and-so was the driving force.

> Arguably, IMO, they are what give the band it's "Who"ness.

I understand & accept what you're saying but Moon & OX are so steeped
in "Who"ness!  And since Daltrey didn't do any writing, shouldn't Pete
& John be considered as having the most "Who"ness?  Or does Daltrey
get special consideration because he's "the voice" of The Who?  But
Pete sings a lot of songs (and segments of songs), too.  It's confusing.

> At any time in history, without either of these two, the band would
> have been dead.

Many purists feel the band died with Moon.  And John's death was the
nail in the coffin.  I'm sure Mark would agree.

> Just listen to Roger talk at 59!

He's still the heart of The Who.

- SCHRADE in Akron