Re: Daltrey rides again Montreal Gazette

In a message dated 6/17/2003 9:33:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us writes:

> >but the driving force of the band was always Pete and I,
>
> Now *there's* a thread topic!  True?  "Driving force" in what way, Mr. Dal-
> trey?  I take it he means creatively.  Or does he mean musically?

I believe he is referring to the decisions of the band in general. They are
the driving force to say when and where they start and stop.  It was always
their decision. What a cool combination of force and creativity, those two.  They
both have it still and Roger knows it.

Arguably, IMO, they are what give the band it's "Who"ness. At any time in
history, without either of these two, the band would have been dead.  John was
magnificent and surely filled up the sound and Keith was a big block motor back
there but these two are the intangible dynamic that drives this band. I know
of no other band with two dudes like this that check and enhance one another's
power so beautifully.  Just listen to Roger talk at 59!

Jon in Mi.

Jon in Mi.