Geezer Rock? - NPR and The Who

	>From: "L. Bird"
	>Subject: Geezer rock?
>Caught a snippet of "My Generation" on NPR thie morning. The article was on the decline of rap and hip hop, and I think they
>mentioned "geezer rock" as one of the causes. Did anybody else hear this? They usually repeat the early articles later on, if
>anybody wants to listen for it.

I missed that!
What I didn't miss, but forgot to post about last week, was the use of the opening chords of Pinball Wizard as background music for their basic introductions and affiliate credits.
I'm driving along, and I hear the first chord to PW, which is quite distinctive, and has that pause after it.  My ears immediately perk up to see if I'm right, and sure enough, here comes the second chord, then the third, then the fourth.  Then, continues with the song.  No mention of The Who, or anything else, just the low volume use of PW while listing credits.  Only the discerning Who fan would have caught it.  ;-)

There's something going on with NPR and The Who.
I'm actually going to write (forget her name) the lady that presents "Fresh Air", and suggest she contact Pete to do an interview with him when he's ready.  Pete has appeared on Fresh Air in the past, regarding Lifehouse and the internet, so this would be a logical continuation on that subject, Pete's fears for the internet, his recent troubles, and what his plans are for the future battles with child porn.  I just think it would be a great first mass-communication / interview.  No TV.  No visual pressure.  Just a quiet room to chat and exchange ideas for an above-average intelligent audience.  His previous interview seemed very relaxed, and the interviewer seemed very interested and supportive, giving him some good questions and plenty of opportunities to explain himself.

Keets, do you remember her name?
If you've got an address handy, please let me know.  It'll save me the research time.

Kevin in VT