EXCLUSIVE,Healthcare in Russia

i promised to say something on healthcare in russia and so i will, as for my
family healthcare has been very important all this time. my father had a
massive heart-attack in spring and had to spend two month away from home, in
a hospital and then in a reabilitation centre. So you all think health-care
in russia is free. Yes there certainly is something to it, we don`t pay for
a visit to the doctor and you can have your treatment in hospital for free
as well, and to have all your teeth filled for free and your appendix
removed(not without anesthesy though ;-))) and the whole of yer body
X-rayed, and all. Now, for free in most
cases means LOW QUALITY. Especially as far as dentists are concerned. I
wouldn`t want a front tooth filled for free, for that would mean a huge
yellow spot in the middle of the tooth for all the world to see, and what`s
worse, running the risk of the filling falling out and having to go to the
dentist`s again. Of course the equipement would be very old and there`ll be
much pain, unimaginable for you o`er there. And well, as far as hospitals
are concerned, they said they had everything necessary for treating a case
like my father`s, but we knew what they had wasn`t good enough so we told
them we`ll buy everything necessary, they told us what to buy, and compared
what they had what we bought cost some ten times more. it was much better
while what they had was hardly any good, but most people have to rely on
this cheap kind of medicine because they plainly can not afford anything
else. And also the people who work in the health-care system are underpaid
here, and overworked. So what quality can we talk about here? Well to tell
you the truth Russia is not the kind of country to joke about, I mean, it`s
not so exotic here as most people sem to think. We live a normal life, we
have appartements and cottages, we wear the same clothes everybody else in
the world does, we drive the same cars and eat the same food. Well of course
communism that can only excist in theory and never in practice, was a big
mistake, and a mistake of this kind, having lasted for 70 years which is not
a trifle has almost broght the country to ruins, becuase real people need a
real life-style and not a utopia, and of course economy here is not in its
best state yet, and it affects every area of life. But I tell you, Russia`s
doing much better than you might be thinking from what you hear on TV. I`m
not much of a patriot, I`m only telling you what I know to be true.