Back in the USSR

Oh well, I wonder if that show in Dublin was as good as the show in Moscow
I`ve seen. Well they did rock Moscow, and not only Moscow but the whole
Russia as a lot of people had been waiting for a long time, 30 years some of
them, for something of the Beatles to come, and now Sir Paul is the
embodiment of what is thought of as "The Beatles", for he is one of the most
significant beatles, one of the two leaders, and well, I daresay after his
visit Russia will never be the same again. I don`t know if you guys know it
that everything like the Beatles was almost forbidden in the USSR of the 60s
and 70s. The name Beatles was synonym to every rock`n`roll band, and
rock`n`roll was regarded as the music of capitalism and therefore unwelcome
in a country that believed itself to be the embodiment of comunism in
practice, and when in the early 80s the articles on rock`n`roll appeared in
magazines, you could read that the Beatles sing about the rights of the
working class people and their violation and nothing else really. Hah hah,
that is more to the Stones and the Who, and after all how would the authors
of those articles explain the titiles of the songs other that "A Hard Day`s
Night" and "Revolution", like "I Want To hold Your Hand", or "It`s Only
Love" and all that? And what about "I Don`t Want To Spoil The PARTY"? :-))))
(there was only one party in the USSR at the time, and it was by no means
unspoiled  ;-)))))))) well so Paul in the former USSR - he`s back in the
USSR, don`t know how lucky WE ARE, boy, back in the US, back in the US, back
in hte USSR!!!!  It was a dream come true for so many people of all ages
from teenagers up to those of about Sir Paul`s age. And half the audience
were foreigners who either work in Moscow or happened to be there when the
significant event took place, and for them it was an exciting experience
too. YOU should have come to Moscow Bjorn ;-))))) you would enjoy it.
So - did you have good seats? What did the stage look like? Did they have
fireworks? What about the enchore songs? In Moscow, as Paul and his band
left the stage,  *the crowd went crazy* and shouted for them to come back
and they did come back to play some nice stuff two or three times. I really
liked his band. They played more than just to be good enough to be in Paul`s
team, they`re just brilliant. The show lasted about three hours! Bjorn did
you take pics?
And I wonder if the Who are ever coming to play in russia, let it be Moscow
too, though I`d be real proud if they played in my town LOL. Or does Pete
think the whole of Russia is mafia, which is not truer about Russia than
about any other country, hey PETE what have you got to say? I bet if the Who
came here to play, the place, wherever they would choose to play, would be
packed!! Do you hear me, "The WHO"? The Stones have played in Russia, and
so have the Beatles, in the person of Sir Paul, and what is the third
greatest band of Britain?????? It`s their turn now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!