Re: The First Pay-Per-View

> It wasn't a pay per view but more like people paid admission at
> theaters and saw the simulcast.  I suppose that could be considered
> pay per view, just not like we do it today.

I think one of the recent boy-band groups did something similar about
a year or two ago, where fans could pay to watch a concert in movie
theaters.  So....it still happens.

If you've ever seen The Who's press conference for the "Final Show
of the Final Tour" (1982) it's obvious that media companies truly
believed that per-per-view concerts were going to be huge commonplace
occurrences in the rock industry.  Oooops!  Well, at least Pro Wrest-
ling was able to take advantage of the technology.  ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron

I do not value any view of the universe into which man & the institutions
of man enter very largely & absorb much of the attention.
    - Henry David Thoreau, 1852