Re: Group interaction

>"Gangs" are a natural method of organizing human interaction.

BS. Groups are a natural method of organization. Birds of a feather. Gangs imply coordination and groups acting as one. It's a big leap. You seem too eager to make it. It's how you see the world and all the lists. And, it's wrong.

My American Heritage dictionary defines a gang as a group of friends or associates. You're right that they've left off the implications that there's a normally a hierarchical organization that occurs to provide leadership. Tell me about a mixed gender group where this doesn't occur?

>I belong to a couple myself,

I'm not surprised. But, I don't. I have a couple of people from this list that I interact with.

Hey, didn't you way you were loyal and liked to run in packs? ;)

>That part is not a slam, but a neutral observation.

That part is simply how you elect to view the world. Pretty cynical if you ask me.

Experience. Remember that I have a background in sports. Sports teams are gangs, fall into a natural hierarchical organization pattern and act as a group toward a common objective. I know one when I see one.

>I don't like reading all that crap about Jeff on the list. As Mark said, it should have all been >kept private.

Exactly! But when confronted by someone who *hasn't* kept it private, who repeatedly betrays the trust that is inherent when discussing private issues in private E-mail, by then posting those private things in public, you can't just sit there and wait for the next bomb to be dropped. You, on the other hand seem to believe that by ignoring things, they'll go away.

Ignoring what things? If you didn't notice, I have a tendency to step up and say things I think need to be said. I'm sorry I wasn't on the list when the original fight was occurring, or I'd have said things then as well.

Threatening someone on a public list isn't safe for you, Kevin. What if some unknown assailant knocks Jeff off tomorrow? When the police start asking around, they find out he's been threatened by some guy on the Internet and there's your post in the archives, preserved indellibly for the DA to bring as evidence.

Hmmmm, is that why after 5+ years you're still venting about this imagined "Fang Gang" ?????? Way to "get over it". Way to "let it go". Look in the mirror Keets.

I'm through with it. I'm off their list and fairly uninterested in what they're doing. That ended the conflict. However, I still know how they're organized.

>Actually, I'm something of an independent.

Oh, come on down from your pedestal. Just because most listers don't have the time or energy to devote to surfing each and every Who list, doesn't make them less independent.

List surfing isn't what makes me an independent. It's a matter of personality.

>Jeff and I are friends, but we're not currently conspiring about anything.

Well, I would hope not. But, according to your philosophy, you're a "gang". So,.....there you have it.

Two don't quite make a gang. There's not enough hierarchy.

>Hmmm. I'll have to work on that. I think Relayers were working on how to do it with an emoticon, >but somebody said it just looked like Pete's nose. ;);)

I don't think I even need an emoticon for you to understand how I'm feeling about you at the moment.

Because I like you, I'll refrain from inflamatory smartass remarks. ;)

keets