Re: New Pete diary

In a message dated 7/10/03 4:24:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> And that idea was formed from each of our personal "relationships"
> with Pete.  You yourself weren't exactly silent on the issue.

You are right.  That's why we come here.

. >I felt like I was fighting for Pete & he didn't give
a shit.

Well, that certainly explains some frustration.

>Maybe you just don't have as many friends as I do. ;-)

I can count 'em on one hand.

>But I also felt frus-
trated that the idiots coming up to me making their jokes were clueless &
had formed an opinion based on humor & a fondness for celebrity-bashing

I know that feeling. Try being a Christian.

>Ah *HA!* ;-) So you're saying you were satisfied & feeling good *without*
the apology, even though an apology would've made you feel *better.* I
don't recall you mentioning that before. I thought you had reached your
highest level of contentedness, with or without the apology. Now, if I
hear you correctly, you're saying that your feeling of contentment had a
higher level to reach. A level only reached via an apology. Hmmmm.....

I knew I couldn't go on forever fooling you, Scott.  You got me!  No, but
seriously, an apology really didn't matter to me because I was looking purely at
the motive for what he did and threw the rest in the trash.  I am very willing
to bear shame for someone who is doing the right thing even though he is
misunderstood by those who are around me.  The apology made me feel good to know
he felt better.  Remember what I said about the shellshock? It also makes me
feel good to actually *see* him say something on our behalf even though I knew
he would do it beforehand eventually.  He told me so the last time we talked on
the phone.

>> I never claimed to know Pete so well nor do I consider myself more "pure"
>> because I give him some slack.

>Then why were you non-considerate (?) of those who hoped for an apology?
(By the same token, why was *I* non-considerate of those who didn't. I
don't profess to have all the answers here.)

I was expressing my own frustration over Pete being "blamed" for doing
something good, then being held accountable by the ones that just were watching him
get tarred and feathered in public in a humiliating fashion.  I thought it was
just too much to ask.

>> Because I don't know him, I choose not to judge him.

>This coming from the guy who worries about his reliance upon sea imagery
as opposed to river imagery!

Dang!!  I can't never win an argument with you!

>> This is good news to me because it means he is starting to get over the
>> pain and can look to our feelings now.

>Oh my gosh! What's the date today? We agree on something! ;-)

 I felt this way all along, you were just seeing too much red maybe?   As I
gain more of your considerable writing skills as time goes by, possibly I won't
be misconstrued as much.  You have been teaching me very much believe it or
not.  But then again, maybe I didn't never not know.

?

Now Pete, pick up that guitar!

Jon in Mi.