Re: love ain't for keepin'

> It makes me think of warm breezes on a Spring afternoon

Jo:

I used to think it was the Spring, also ("The spring is seeping..."), but a closer listen changed my mind. First of all, it's the "perfume of the burning firewood." That, at least in this part of the country, is much more common in the fall. And, too, "the seeds are bursting" puts into my mind crops like corn and wheat, which mature over the course of the summer and are ready to spread their seeds in the fall. OK, now (or ever) I'm NOT a farmer...so I am only going by observation here. But isn't that why they're harvested in the fall? Corn, especially, seems to burst forth from the ear.

With this in mind, the seeping spring sounds like a fresh water spring, seeping up from the ground. And, finally, it rains more (here) in the fall, so that covers the passing clouds. So, all in all, it speaks to me more of the fall. Perhaps as Scott said, it's all about how Pete's words can speak to everyone.

Cheers             ML
      An American loses his or her job every 30 seconds
          under Bush, 2.8 million jobs lost so far.