Honest Quote Spells Trouble for Pete?

There's a quote from Pete that I've seen in the press a few times that I
thought was a very personal and honest statement, but also a very dangerous
one at that.  The quote I'm thinking of is Pete's "admission" that just about
every male he knows, including himself, has downloaded and viewed (used)
non-criminal pornographic images.  Knowing what Pete meant by that, it's an
honest and I think, accurate quote.  But I have also noted that the more
critical articles of Pete that I've read mentioning that line, twist it into a
sort of "Oh my God!  See?  He even admits to being a pervert!" statement.

I think there's a parallel regarding his arrest/questioning and that quote.
Anyone who even THINKS they know Pete understands what he meant by this
statement.  To paraphrase, he's saying that plenty of normal males use what
he's referring to acceptable pornographic images.  He's naively stating his
innocent male curiosity in light of his naive mistake regarding his arrest.  I
don't know, it's weird food for thought I suppose, nothing more.  It's just
that everytime I see that quote, it makes me cringe.

I think he'll probably take more heat for making that comment then he'll get
applause for his honesty.  Sound familiar?

cpb:

>Who in here really likes the song "When I Was A Boy" from WHO'S MISSING?

That's always been one of my favorites, from the Ox or not.  A great tune;
wonderful horns as you said, and I think it's one of Keith's finest recorded
performances.  A thoughtful and melancholy tune from Ox.

>PS - this line...

>>but the State of The Who, particularly Mr. Townshend has really put a >wild
>>mindfuck on your humble narrator.

>...classic.  A great Hunter S. Thompson-esque line.

Thanks for the compliment!  I'm a big fan of the great Doctor.

Jim in Colorado