Re: Stern Discusses 'A Different Bomb'

I've gotten those ad that you can't get rid of. You have to almost shut down your computer to stop them from popping up. Also, I've gotten junk mail that seems to be a come on for child porn--and I mean for young kids--not just "teen virgins." I never open these, as I don't want any questionable pics on my computer. I've wondered if there's some way to report them, but I've always deleted them instead. You don't want to call attention to yourself under those circumstances. Pete's right that the penalties discourage people from investigating and reporting child porn.

From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us>
To: "'thewho@igtc.com'" <thewho@igtc.com>
Subject: Stern Discusses 'A Different Bomb'
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:39:08 -0500

There was a discussion about 'A Different Bomb' this morning on
the Howard Stern radio show.  Fan distribution of the message
seems to be having an effect.  However, on the Stern show, it
was mostly a negative effect.

Stern read a few quotes concerning Pete finding the first "image"
of child porn.  Howard thought the story was questionable be-
cause he had never encountered such graphic images while surfing
on the net.  I must admit, I haven't either.

Pete was derided for saying in the piece that even mildly curious
might stumble across such pictures.

He was derided for not doing anything after he found that first
image.

Basically, Howard's gang said the message made Pete seem "creepier"
& seemed to imply he had some kind of repressed obsession with
child porn.

A few minutes later a guy called in & drew attention to the lyrics
of "Rough Boys" (here we go again).

They played the song.  Some on the staff (K.C. & Baba Booey) defend-
ed the piece as being tongue-in-cheek & anti-homophobic but Howard
still insisted Pete was "creepy" & ended the discussion by saying,
"The plot thickens."

- SCHRADE in Akron

The new MSN 8 is here: Try it free* for 2 months http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup