And the jokes have begun........

Like I've said, it's not easy being a Who fan.
Particularly now.....

This morning:
Howard Stern.....had Domi-dick.....(whoops, I mean nick) on who railed about
pedophiles and their psyche (Yeah, he's a Phd...right!)and in a nut shell
dismissed Pete's explanation that he was doing research.  Made it sound like
Pete was a pedophile no matter what he says, and that pedophiles don't know
they are pedophiles while they live in denial while looking at such photo's,
etc.
To Stern's credit, he did emphasize that there was no evidence that Pete was
this way, but Domi-dick again sounded all pompous and dismissive about
Pete's defense.  Ahhhhhh to be so ignorant.

Local classic-rock station with *STUPID* local comedy show that tries to
compete with Stern:  Had a little skit where they pretend they have Pete's
phone number......the phone rings......the answering machine picks up.....
<in English accent sounding more like John Lennon> "Hi you've reached the
home of Pete Townshend, I'm obviously not here now, I'm out doing research
for my new book young shaved girls who put out.  Oh, look, it's the paper
boy Tommy.  Hi Tommy, see me, *FEEL* me".....

I've already been approached by 6 different co-workers this morning.
They approach with a bit of sympathy for me, when I try to provide some
background on Pete's work and how he has railed against child porn in the
past, and what his new book is about, they kind of look at me like..."well,
I don't know, there's got to be a reason for the arrest, we'll see how it
pans out".  Skeptical to say the least.

We're fighting an up hill battle.
If it's in the media, it's all true.

Kevin (still nauseated) in VT