Re: Empty Glass

> I don't know for sure, but I remember reading somewhere that the songs
> Pete put in his solo albums were solely those The Who (I mean RD and JE)
> didn't like.

Yeah, I believe Pete would present the band with some demos & they would
pick the ones they liked (on the last few albums, anyway).  I have an
interview with Entwistle where he says they (The Who) would often play
*each* of Pete's presented demos to get a feel for them & hear how they
sounded.  Basically, to see if they were going to work or not.

But, there also have been comments by Daltrey expressing angst & jealousy
about the quality of songs on EMPTY GLASS as opposed to the songs Pete
was presenting to the band at the time.  Daltrey seemed to feel that The
Who were getting the shaft because the better songs were reserved for
EMPTY GLASS.  Apparently, one must assume, Daltrey means that, if given
the chance, he would've picked *some* of those songs from EMPTY GLASS for
the next Who album/project.

- SCHRADE in Akron

Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and
swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.
	- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)