Stooges, DEVO, & Actual Who Content!

> > Incidentally, Mike Watt will be playing bass for Iggy Pop & the Stooges
> in the Detroit area this Thursday. Sonic Youth is opening that show. I
> may go. Are you going, Jon?
>
> I haven't heard about it.  Where are they playing?
> If you go, let me know. If you do, I'll work it in.

They're playing at the DTE Energy Music Theatre.  This Thursday.  Outdoor
venue, I believe.

I was given a ticket to this show & some friends of mine are going but....
get this....I have jury duty this week!  I went this morning & didn't get
chosen.  Waited around for about three hours & was then sent packing.  I
have to call this evening to see if I'm needed tomorrow.  It's my civic
duty.  Duty now for the future.

So.....because of jury duty, I'm not sure if I'm going to the show or not.

And speaking of "duty now for the future," I spoke with the bass player for
Akron's own DEVO this weekend.  Jerry Casale was in town from L.A. for an
annual DEVO-fest.

I asked him if he ever met any members of The Who & he said, "Oh sure. A
bunch of times.  I met Townshend.  I met....who am I thinking of.....?"

"Daltrey," I inquired?

"Yeah, I met Daltrey, but that's not who I'm thinking of....."

"Entwistle," we both kind of said at the same time - me asking, him answer-
ing.

"Yeah, Entwistle," he continued, "what a great bass player."

"He was phenomenal," I replied.

That was it.  I didn't dig for specifics.  I had some DEVO questions, as
well, & I didn't want to be too much of a nuisance.  I did get him to sign
an old issue of Trouser Press from around 1979 featuring him on the cover.

Fun day.  Better night.  "No fun?"  I beg to differ, Iggy.  Mr. Pop.

- SCHRADE in Akron

Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and
swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man.
	- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)