Re: Future Who (was Empty Glass) [Thanks]

In a message dated 8/8/03 11:07:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Maybe.  We don't know for sure.  All we have is Daltrey's claim that
> they're going into the studio this Fall.  And that particular rumor/
> rumour has been circulating for about four years.

And Pete stating that he is going to do this in his 7-4 diary interview.  He
also stated that he has no ambition to make a solo album.

> > One idea that hit me when I was with the mistress

>?????

LZ=Mistress
Who= Main thang

Ya know, it is just like I would tell my wife,  "Honey don't be so upset. I
was learning things that we could share together.  I was doing it for YOU."

>Rock's always been popular with young people.

I want The Who to be played on the mainstream rock station, not just the
classic rock station.  That would mean success.  I know that they can kick any ass
out there and I want to see them do it.

>Zeppelin's music has been & still is more popular because it appeals to
a wider audience. That audience contains more stupid people. Let's
call them "non-deep thinkers." (I'm not saying *only* "non-deep thinkers"
listen to Zeppelin, & *only* deep-thinking people listen to The Who. I'm
saying that, in the context of a band's stupid to deep-thinking fan ratio -
more "non-deep thinkers" listen to Zeppelin, on average, than listen to
The Who.)

And that audience contains people that love The Who as well.  That is what
they are wanting to see our band do again. Pete said that they probably
shouldn't have made FD and IH because they aren't classic Who songs.  They were good
material for a solo album.  That shows that he knows the difference himself.
Roger  said that the two they have are Who songs and I believe him because he
is the heart of the Who.

If there is going to be a Who, they actually have to make the new album.
Otherwise, as Kevin said, what are they going to use for material on the next
tour?  To keep playing greatest hits will turn them into the beach boys.

Jon in Mi.