[no subject]

For my money, to be accused of pedophilia is to be accused on one of
humankind's worst crimes.  We all know Pete is knee deep in shit for his
activity and may NEVER recover as an artist because of it.  Now if I
respect someone, I'm not going to make public jokes about someone who
did ME a favor, as Pete did for Ian.  It's easy for me to make a Michael
Jackson comment, because I owe that weirdo nothing.  But if Jacko the
Wacko helped me in my early career as Pete did Ian, then that's
something I won't forget nor would I ridicule someone who helped me out.

In other words, Ian (as a joke or not) willfully added to the negative
air surrounding Pete.  Through his joke, he supports the Pete Townshend
is a Pedophile view, undeniably.  At a time when Pete needs the
negativity to die down, Ian Anderson is being counter-productive
regarding Pete's dilemma.  Not to mention, to me, it's a stab in the
back.  If Pete has heard Anderson's comment, I'm sure he feels the same
way.  "You know, I helped that asshole in Jethro Tull when nobody ever
heard of them, and this is the thanks I get..."  Seems logical to me.

That is why I think he's a dick.

Jim in Colorado