Pete's case

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>
>Hey, folks.  I notice there's a definite split in opinion about what we fans
>ought be doing about Pete's case.  There are some people that are activist
>and think we should be pursuing more information, and some other folks who
>think no news is good news, and the longer the investigation runs the more
>likely the police are to totally forget to even give Pete a caution.

I think there is a third group, cause I fall in it (?).
Wait, that didn't sound right.

I don't think we should be active at this point.  I think we're all (press included) still waiting for the outcome and statement from the police.  And, I don't believe for a moment that it's a good thing that this is running on and on, or that the Police will "forget" to even give Pete a caution.
Anything short of an official statement by The Police letting the world know that Pete is innocent will fuck Pete and The Who.
No news, good news?????
No way.

>This difference indicates that we don't have enough information to work with.

I think we've got all the information that is available to everyone that is not directly involved with the case.
I don't see how hounding the press for more information, or to go gathering more information that doesn't exist at this time, will do anything more than shut their ears to us.

I'M PISSED!
This is taking ages!

>Since I came back on the lists in January because of Pete's case, I feel
>like I'm sort of wasting time now with nothing to do,

What?
You're keeping track of events.
You're thinking and planning.
You're commiserating with us.

>so I'm going to take
>off again.

??
Ok.
No Who discussion at all except about this case?

While the above should reflect my disappointment, I do know exactly how you feel.
Everything we hear that is positive about The Who is tainted by this Pete-pedophile-cloud.
We're like stuck on the pause button.  We can't even begin to think about speculating on future album or tours, etc. until this crap is cleaned up.
We're held hostage by the UK police.  The Who is held hostage.

Instead we get to read Gregg's diatribe on politics and various news outlets.  Yeah, like I read all that!  :-)  No offense Gregg, but damn!  That was one loooooooooong non-Who related post!  Whoooo-wee! My finger got numb pressing the scroll button!
Not to mention all the baby's that were born in the time it took you to write it!
Or conceived!

>No reflection on the present company.  I love you guys.  :)

Well that's nice.
But, you can't fool me.
I know you'll be just around the corner.

Stay in tune,
Kevin in VT