Re: The Who Special Edition EP & other stuff

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:29:34 -0700 (PDT), Zenswhen
<bushchoked@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>Or do you believe that all those people with anti-Bush sites are extremists?
>
>Leslie:
>
>Yeah, I'd say an "anti" site is the work of an extremist.

Technically, my site isn't so much "anti" as it is keeping track -- in
one place -- of her entire political record. I don't write a bunch of
screeds or anything like that; I mostly post articles from various
media sources about what she says and does, analyses of what she says
and does, her voting record, etc. None of that "Clinton Body Count" or
"Hillary Murdered Vince Foster After Screwing His Brains Out" crap.

>>What about that site which is all about the Bush twins
>
>Are they "anti-Bush?"

Yes, and in a creepy stalker way.

>>Just over half those polled say she is doing a good job --
>
>And that's despite intense and constant trashing by extremists at every opportunity. As for where I heard it: various news reports during the last two years.

Like she's the only political figure who's been trashed?! For the most
part, she gets a free pass in the media here in NYC. Nobody ever asked
her about why she gave a vastly different account of her daughter's
alleged whereabouts on 9/11 than the one Chelsea made up for "Talk"
magazine.

Even the NY Post isn't interested in Steven Brill's story about how
her office fabricated memos, telephone logs, etc., regarding her
dealings with the families of 9/11 victims. Instead, they gushed about
her last Sunday in a feature piece about NY's "powerful women."

>>Her negatives are significantly higher than Schumer's.
>
>Again, look at the harrassment she's been subjected to from the time Bill began his Presidential run.

Again, is she the only one who's been subjected to that?

>>right-winger) has confirmed that she was not at all helpful to
>families of 9/11 victims -- her constituents.
>
>Is that like Bush promising funds for NYC emergency workers then actually cutting the funds?

That's a significant distortion.

>>I really don't know if she could win re-election here.
>
>We'll see.

Yes, we will. :)

>>Him who?
>
>Novak.

Again, what about him? My mind has been elsewhere these days and your
minimalist snipping isn't helping. :)

>>criticized President Bush, Gingrich leveled his criticism at the State
>Department.
>
>Who was supposedly appointed by Bush, but of course we know he's not really in charge. Good point.

Nope. He's some sort of advisor to Rumsfeld, not Bush. Then again, I'm
not much of a Gingrich fan -- but for different reasons than yours.
<g>

>>Maybe, but it is the store or mall owner's right to tell someone to
>get off privately owned property
>
>Technically, I suppose...but like many laws (especially since Ashcroft was appointed) it's supremely unAmerican.

Janet Reno was far worse, IMO.

>>especially if that person is handing out propaganda literature and trying to engage others in
>confrontations.
>
>That was claimed only by security people who had to justify the arrest.

Well, that's what I've read in a few news accounts and I didn't
seriously follow this story.

>>Is it tough being liberal where you are? And would you like to trade
>junior senators?
>
>I'm not a liberal...just liberal on some issues. I'd like to get rid of BOTH senators, but there's nothing more arrogant than a southern conservative. Proud in his ignorance, Graham is. This is one reason I'm getting the Hell out of this state ASAP.

I happen to like Graham -- and far better as a Senator than when he
was in the House.

So, where are you planning to go? :)

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org