The DOORS in Boston last night

Didn't want to go,but got talked into it...
seemed like it would be a rip-off,or just hokey...
as it turns out?
It was one of the best shows I've attended over the last
few years-
these guys sounded...like the Doors!
As the Boston Herald said,no one plays like Ray & Robbie,
and they both have kept their chops up on their respective
instruments.
Lots of 'duels' and improvisation between the two.
Gorgeous!

Ian Astbury was quite credible singing Jim's parts-
he's got the pipes to both scream AND croon a la JM,and
thankfully,spoke in his natural English accent between tunes.

Drummer was good,although I sure wish Densmore was playing.

Cool light/film show playing all through the show,well-chosen set
list of favorites,as opposed to merely 'the hits'.

Excellent!

Carl