Re: dots and fragments-no who

> > There's been studies...
>
> We'll let that one slide...

(blushing)  Jesus H.  I missed that one!  Er...no wait...I did that on
purpose.  ;-)

> Scott, have you noticed that people no longer know the difference be-
> tween "then" and "than"?

Yeah, that's a good one.  And let's set the record straight on something
else right now:  "A LOT" IS NOT ONE WORD!!  It's not "alot."  I can't get
over the resiliency of that common mistake.  It won't go away!  Kevin!

Or this one:

I *would of* liked to meet her. (wrong!)
I would *have* liked to meet her. (correct)

The comma thing when addressing a person is another resilient mistake that
doesn't seem to be going away either.

You have quite a firm butt Julie. (wrong!)
You have quite a firm butt, Julie. (correct)

Of course "who" (!) & "whom" still give people trouble (including me).
"Could" & "would."  "Can" & "may."  Fun stuff.

I catch mistakes on on-line news service headlines all the time.  Usually
just typos, though.

I'd better stop writing; I'm getting paranoid. (Note my use of the under-
appreciated semi-colon.)  ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron