Re: Who tears of Joy & Tim Robbins/Susan Sarandon

In a message dated 4/19/2003 9:18:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
pkeets@hotmail.com writes:

> So he knew it was there, eh?  Either somebody told him about it, or else
> he'd read about their performance.  :)

Thinking back on that day, I brought it over and I don't think he had ever
seen any of it.  I just made mention that they (the Who)were on it, but I
hadn't watched it yet.  Then he put it on.  I thought for sure the phone
would ring or something would happen to take his attention off of it, but
nothing did!  I went on to explain about John's death, and he knew which one
was John!

My dad had this philosophy at one time that the Who was cult-like.  He is a
hard core Buddy Holly, Elvis, Blue Grass fan.  But, I remember as a  little
girl, to him groovin to Whole Lotta Love on the radio. Go figure.  I don't
think he was ever into The Beatles, or any other British band.  He is one of
those Midwestern America lovin' kind of guys who never drives foreign cars,
etc.

This Sicilian mother's dad is not the Sicilian!  My Mom is 100% though.  But,
the truth be known, I take after my dad, more than my Mom.

I really have no idea what opened up his mind.  At 63, he (my dad) is very
set in his stubborn ways.  But, him and I are very close and for some reason,
I took it as his way of showing respect to me by opening his mind to The Who.
 Him and I are soooo much alike and we are like very good friends.

I thought though, that the child porn scandal would change his mind back to
thinking they were evil.  I explained the whole thing to him, about A Diff.
Bomb, etc., and he listened.  At that time, the IWF finally admitted that
Pete had contacted them with what he saw.  I, of course had to include that
important fact.

I know there are others on this list who have experienced similar prejudice
of the Who from their parents/family/loved ones.  That is the reason why I
have went into some detail.  I know there are also a few on the list, that
couldn't care less about me or my family in regard to the Who (you know who
you are)!

Regarding the Tim Robbin's article, I really wasn't paying too much attention
to what was being posted on this list about it.  My stubborn mind is/was
already set on him and his "companion, Susan Sarandon," so I just scanned
those posts and deleted.  So, it was posted on this list already?

Happy Easter Keets and to all my Who buds!!

Jo