Re: Who tears of Joy & Tim Robbins/Susan Sarandon

My dad is a musician, but when I was a teenager, and was being rebellious, he felt that the Who music I listened to
was making me rebel. At some point, I think he might have read something or saw something about Pete Townsend that appealed to him from a guitarist/musician point of view.
Your dad plays guitar? He may have seen it in a magazine, then. Seems like there are regular articles on Pete. Interesting to hear what causes a Who convert, especially at an advanced age.

Then when I loaned him the DVD, for the purpose of trying out his new DVD player, he insisted on skipping forward to the Who's performance. I was so shocked. I thought he'd watch for a minute and then turn it to something else. He watched every Who song!!!
So he knew it was there, eh? Either somebody told him about it, or else he'd read about their performance. :)

I was practically brought to tears of joy. He asked questions and commented on how Zak looked like his dad.
He really did in that performance.  It was the beard, I think.  :)

Regarding the Tim Robbins/Susan Sarandon article, I got that from the Fox News website.
It's the same one Scott P. posted earlier--I mentioned how Robbins said the mood of the country had changed.

It came from Eric Burns who hosts a show on the weekends that
is my absolute favorite show on Fox. It is called Fox News Watch. There are a few conservatives, like Cal Thomas, and a few liberal media experts. The point of the show is to discuss how the stories of the past week were reported, on Fox as well as on other news shows. They talk about stuff like if a story was over-reported or what mistakes were made by journalist, including those on Fox,etc. Like I said, there are both right and left points of view so you get both sides (fair and balanced!). I love that show and if you haven't seen it Lela, I bet you would like it too. It is only aired on the weekends.
I think I've caught it. Interestingly, Al-Jazeera seems to be getting all the votes for the best coverage just recently, and I caught their NY representative on C-Span last night talking about how they made decisions on what to air. Do you suppose they'll get a Pulitzer? ;)

keets