Re: PW an embarrassment; Fox on the run

> I think we're talking about two different things. Guess it's a matter of what the definition of "commercial" is.

Kevin:

"Created specifically to make money" would be my definition. While any single is made to "announce" new material or get some buzz going about a new album, some songs (any given Journey song, for instance) is more commercial than the most blatant Who single...which I would say is You Better You Bet, with it's cheesy joke title and empty lyrics.

>That's actually a compliment!

I understood what you meant.

>And we both have found it blatantly biased.

You have to keep in mind right wingers believe that non-political middle of the road thinking like "blacks/gays deserve equal rights" is seen by them as "liberal." None of the news on CNN is biased. In fact, no one was more pro-war than CNN. Moneyline, too, is very conservative.

>What would be a great Who song to sing to Saddam if he was my captive
audience I wonder? Anyone?

Jo:

You Didn't Hear It.

>Well, I guess that would make me a great american, er...English Boy!

Lew:

Wow, me too!

>Was it some sort of "official AP" thing or an opinion piece?

Leslie:

AP doesn't have opinion pieces.

>Another difference is that you never see a US flag at an anti-war

That is not illegal (yet). And the pro-war people have caused their share of inconvenience and disruption, if perhaps not the ones you attended. The bottom line is it seems free speech is only protected if it's pro-war. One can say any nasty thing about Clinton, but if you dare to say you are against Bush's unwarranted war, you go to jail. And frankly that's skating a little too close to Nazi Germany for my tastes.

>watched some pissed off Iraqis -- with a little help from some US
troops -- pull down a 20-foot high statue of Hussein.

Yeah, it looks a lot like Paris right after we liberated France from the Nazis. Too bad some people never seem to learn the lessons of history.

"I can kill 'cause in God I trust/It's evolution, baby "
                               Eddie Vedder

                 Cheers             ML