Word Salad and Luftwaffels?

>Thanks Jim, I will say that Kenney did sound pretty good on those tracks,
>much better than he did as a timekeeper on Eminence Front.  I wonder how
>Keith would have treated that one!
>
>Rick in Maine

Rick, I liked Kenney, God forgive me.  I think he was an odd match for The
Who, but a fine drummer anyway.  For me, when I heard post-Keith for the first
time, (YBYB), and I've wondered since, what Keith would've sounded like on
that one.  And I simply can't.  I think the music would've been vastly
different on FD and IH had he been alive.  Who knows, they may have broken up
by then too...  I just can't imagine how Keith would've sounded on YBYB.
Another reason that's the only Who song I don't much care for.

>Now, just try to imagine Kurt Cobain singing all of QUADROPHENIA
>live on stage.  Or all of TOMMY.

Hahahahhaaa.  Good one.

>Actually, beer garden originates in Germany where they are called
>"Biergartens".

Not very Midwestern then.  However, being of German descent and Chicago having
a modest German community, that makes sense.  Does that mean that Wisconsin
Luftwaffels aren't from Sheboygan?

>Jim, I play an SG and I'm usually in a trio, coincidence or conspiracy?

Andy, both I think.  I think when we can finally pick up white boiler suits,
it's official.  I'm still looking...

>I can only liken it to being caught masterbating. Actually, it's the same
thing isn't it?

My God - don't come in here!!!!  What a horrible analogy - too realistic.
Thank the Great Spirit neither has happened to me, but I did get a joke gift
once that my Mom found.  She still looks at me funny to this day...

>> Ozzy would be another.......
>
>Neil Young?
>
>- - SCHRADE in Akron

Jeff Beck?

>In 100 years, some inter-galactic family is going to play charades and when
the word they need to describe is
>guitar.  They will windmill.

Joe, I think that's right!  Have you noticed that whenever you see someone air
guitar somewhere (on TV, a bar, etc...) they always windmill.  What did Pete
say about this once?  Something like, "...there's the way all the other
fuckers windmill, and then there's the way *I* windmill."

>> Andy, Jim and Kevin are all guitar players at various stages.
>> I even listened to Schrade play a little at Camden.
>
>Ha!  I'm at a various stage of sucking when it comes to playing
>the guitar.

Perhaps Scott and I went to the same music school - Ha!  I've been a rhythm
player since I started in the mid 90s, but now in a three piece, I have had to
learn to (gulp) solo.  It's like my windmills - one out of three are any good.
;-)

>> My announcement is that heroin is *no* match for Jesus.
>
>You're right there!  There are many more people fucked up on Jesus than there
>are fucked up on heroin!

Uh-oh...  I thought Clapton was God...?  Perhaps we can start a discussion
about politics next?  Abortion?  Jihad!!!!!

Jim in Colo Springs