Banter and Thanks

> And now, does anyone know the link to obtain the Englewood, Co show?

Thanks Scott.  Wow, I didn't know ALL these shows were available here.  Ha!  I
thought Englewood was "special".  It was though...

>Wondering:

>How would you all rate Townsend's Solo stuff???

Godmother...(Sicilian Mandolin):

Peter the Great has excellent solo material; a man of respect.  I personally
hope that his career doesn't sleep with the fishes...

1.  Psychoderelict (Music Only) - As much as I enjoy the full Psycho-D, it's
not something you can slip into the CD player at a party.  Music only, you
can.  Aside from "Flame", I think this is some of Pete's best stuff solo.  He
plays with passion and the music is both complex and simplistic.  His singing
on "Now and Then" always brings a chill to my spine, and his songwriting is
stronger here than some of his other stuff.  I love this album.  I love all of
Pete's stuff though, so I'm not too biased, am I?

2.  White City - A Pete "theme" album, sounds great, has David Gilmour, and
one of the few songs that I replay each time I hear it - "Secondhand Love".
Awesome tune; Pete on top of his game.  The drive, the emotion,...ah, what a
song.

3.  Empty Glass - Sure, a little dated but a flawed masterpiece.  Thick with
texture, fully layered, it's a wonderful album.  And it also has the highly
underrated, "Gonna Get Ya".  More Pure Pete.

4.  Chinese Eye - I think this is the most loosely cohesive album he's made,
but still special.  A contradiction of sounds; Sea Refuses No River and
Uniforms?  Communication and Face Dances Pt. II?  People Stop Hurting People
and Stardom in Action?  I don't listen often, but when I do, I find myself
singing it to myself for days after.

5.  Rough Mix - Pure Pete.  Not heavy on production but a clean/raw album.
Some wonderful ditties, and some obscure beauty.  Just wish there was more
Pete on it!

Honorable mention to Scoop 1, Deep End Live, and yes Scott, The Iron Man.
Some of it, anyway...:-)

>hahaha........when we start comparing things to sex, either we aren't getting
>enough..........or getting too much... :)....

I think it's childish to keep reverting back to such an easy topic for effect.
But I got it four times this weekend!  Four times!!!  Woo-Hoo!!!  This first
and second were like Who tours just beginning; exciting and emotional, but
still a little shaky; not in game shape yet.  Three and four though:  Isle of
Wight, CFNYC, Charleton, Oakland, Woodstock combined!!!  And the
encores...;-)

Jim in Colo Springs